Duration: 5 – 6 hours
Departures: Several departures every day. The first tour at 08:00 and the last tour in the afternoon.
Fitness level needed: Moderate (the difficulty is 2 out of a possible 5). No knowledge of hiking or climbing is required. It´s not an uphill walk, but the surface is partly uneven. This is NOT a tour for those in no or limitied physical shape.
Bring with you:
Good hiking shoes – if you have them. We don´t recommend sneakers, they will definitely get dirty and may get punctures.
Outdoor clothing – the weather in the mountains can be very different to the city. A warm sweater and jacket are very useful, not least because it´s always the same temperature inside the crater – about 5-.That´s cold!
A Camera – You will want to remember this trip. yes, you can take as many pictures as you want!
A good spirit – This tour is all about having fun.
- Pick up – at your hotel in Reykjavík
- All safety gear, helmets, harnesses, etc.
- Small groups, plenty of guides = personal experience
- Volcano tour ofa lifetime
- Traditional Icelandic meat soupt, coffee/tea and perhaps some sweets as well. Vegetarians will have alternatives.
- Transfer back to your hotel in Reykjavík.